Genetically modified organism (GMO) refers to organisms whose genetic material has been modified or altered in a laboratory through genetic engineering. As a result, combinations of plant, animal, bacterial or virus genes are created that do not occur in nature or through traditional cross breeding methods. Genetic modification (GM) affects many products that we consume on a daily basis and much controversy still exist in areas surrounding the safety of GM foods. GMO and DNA food testing can serves as a quick and accurate method in the identification of GM components found in food products to meet specific compliance requirements or help build consumer confidence.
At STC, our GMO & DNA food testing capabilities are recognized under HOKLAS accreditation to provide accurate and reliable testing services. Through extensive extraction and amplification of genetic materials via polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and DNA sequencing, we have the ability to unmask and identify any biological organism by analyzing their unique genetic codes.
Along with traditional food product safety testing, STC’s comprehensive testing capabilities also include molecular-based methods on microorganisms, traditional testing protocols for microbiological and antimicrobial effectiveness testing.
Our GMO & DNA Food Testing services include:
GMO Testing & DNA Food Testing
· CaMV35S, NOS, etc. in GM Foods
· CTP, Bt-11, etc. in soy, corn and their derived foodstuff
· Detection of GM Elements in rice, tomatoes, papaya, etc.
Food Composition & Product Safety Testing
· Allergic Substances (e.g. gluten, wheat, crustaceans, fish, peanut, soybean, nuts, etc.)
· Animal Ingredient Adulteration (e.g. porcine*, bovine, fish, donkey, equine, etc.)
· Species Identification (e.g. animal and plant species)
*STC has partnered with recognized halal certification body (CB) to issue Halal Certification to food supply chain, outlets, diners and various types of consumer products.
Valuable Medicine Authentication
· Species Identification in Products (e.g. Birds’ nest, Donkey-hide gelatin, Velvet antler, Dried bulbus fritillariae cirrhosae, Cordyceps sinensis, etc.)
Bacterial & Viral Testing
· Influenza A (Flu A) virus in food and the environment
· Food-borne Pathogen and Viruses (e.g. Campylobacter, Norovirus, Hepatitis A, Rotavirus, etc.)
· African swine fever virus (ASFV) Test
· Antiviral Effectiveness Test: Influenza A virus, Influenza B virus
DNA Molecular Based Test
For more information about our DNA Food Testing & GMO Testing services, please feel free to Contact Us.
OTHER TESTING SERVICES